Welcome to the Jimmy Carter Presidential Library and Museum
Located in Atlanta, Georgia, the Jimmy Carter Presidential Library and Museum is part of the Presidential Library system administered by the National Archives and Records Administration, a Federal government agency.
|News & Announcements|
JIMMY CARTER PRESIDENTIAL LIBRARY HOLIDAY SCHEDULE - The Library/Research Room will close at 2:00pm on December 24th and 31st, 2014. The Museum will be open normal hours 9 to 4:45pm on December 24th and December 31st, 2014
[ Holiday Schedule ]
GEORGIA NATIONAL GUARD'S 116th ARMY BAND HOLIDAY CONCERT SATURDAY, DECEMBER 13, 2014 AT 1:00pm - CARTER MUSEUM LOBBY - Free and Open to the Public - Georgia National Guard's 116th Army Band performs a free holiday concert. Join us for this special holiday event. No reservations are needed.
[ Events ]
NEW DOCUMENTS AVAILABLE!!!!! - 42,454 newly released documents (168,926 pages) from the Carter Admin. are now available at the Carter Library via the Remote Archives Capture (RAC) program. The topics center largely on foreign policy during Carter's Admin., 1977-1981. These documents can be electronically searched and accessed in the Library's research room on standalone computers.
NEW CURRICULUM!!! - The President's Travels - The President's Travels is NOW AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD: 19 Units, covering grades 2 - 12, all GPS-correlated, based on primary sources from our holdings, and covering a breadth of content areas: Geography, U. S. History, Civics, Energy & Environment, Human Rights, U. S. Foreign Policy, Science & Health, Current Events, the Middle-East, Segregation & Civil Rights, even Character Education
[ THE PRESIDENT'S TRAVELS ]
FIELD TRIP SPONSORSHIP PROGRAM!!!! - The Jimmy Carter Library & Museum and the Coca-Cola Foundation have generously established funding for the Carter Library to provide transportation funds for Georgia schools to use when bringing students to our newly-renovated museum for educational activities.
[ Field Trip Sponsorship Program ]
CIVIL WAR HISTORY: Atlanta and Copenhill - An Article written by James A. Yancey, Jr., Former Archivist, Jimmy Carter Presidential Library. The Carter Center and the Jimmy Carter Presidential Library are located on prime property that has been the scene of several historically significant events during Atlanta's relatively brief history.
[ The Civil War ]
|Exhibits & Events|
- Robbin Shipp & Nick Chiles - "Justice While Black" - Tuesday, December 2, 2014 at 7:00pm - Reading/Book Signing - Carter Presidential Library and Museum Theater - Free and Open to the Public
Justice While Black is a must-read for every young black male in America - and for everyone else who cares about their survival and well-being. This is a first-of-its-kind essential guide for African-American families about how to understand the criminal justice system, and about why that system continues to see black men as targets - and as dollar signs. more...
- Sandy Althomsons - "Inside a Refugee Crisis: My Time in South Sudan" - Wednesday, December 3, at 7:00pm - Reading/Booksigning - Carter Presidential Library & Museum Theater - Free and Open to the Public
Join epidemiologist Sandy Althomsons as she shares her book "Inside a Refugee Crisis: My Time in South Sudan". She tells stories of frustrations and joys from her timein South Sudan with Doctors Without Borders. more...
- Mary Ellen Stilwell School of the Arts - "Holiday Concert" - Thursday, December 4, 2014 at 11:30am - Carter Presidential Museum Lobby - Free & Open to the Public
The Choir returns to the Carter Presidential Library & Museum for their annual Holiday Concert. This group of students puts on a show that will blow you away. It has become a highlight for kicking of the holiday season. The choir will be filling the air with traditional holiday songs and have you clapping and dancing. This is a holiday concert you don't want to miss. more...
- Mt. Zion High School Chorus - Tuesday, December 9, 2014 at 11:30am - Carter Presidential Museum Lobby - Free & Open to the Public
Get the holiday season off to an exciting start with a free holiday concert from the students of the Mt. Zion High School. The chorus will be filling the air with traditional holiday songs. This concert is sure to get you in the holiday spirit. This is a holiday concert you won't want to miss. more...
- ACappella Books - "25th Anniversary Celebration" - Wednesday, December 10, 2014 at 7:00pm - Carter Presidential Library & Museum Theater - Free and Open to the Public
Help us as we celebrate ACappella Books twenty-fifth anniversary. There will be authors and other surprises. . more...
- Georgia National Guard's 116th Army Band Holiday Concert - Saturday, December 13, 2013 at 1:00pm - 2:00pm - Carter Presidential Museum Lobby - Free & Open to the Public
Georgia National Guard's 116th Army Band performs a free holiday concert at 1:00pm in the Jimmy carter Presidential Library lobby on Saturday, December 13th at 1:00 pm. Join us for this special holiday event. No reservations are needed. more...
- Julian Zelizer - "THE FIERCE URGENCY of NOW: Lyndon Johnson, Congress, and the Battle for the Great Society" - Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - Reading/Book Signing - Carter Presidential Library and Museum Theater - Free and Open to the Public
A professor of history and public affairs at Princeton University, gives a majestic big-picture account of the Great Society and the forces that shaped it, from Lyndon Johnson and members of Congress to the civil rights movement and the media. more...