Oral Histories: Exit Interview Standard Questions
- What positions have you held in the White House?
- Did you have any previous job experience that helped prepare you for your White House duties?
- What were your duties in this Administration, and to whom did you report?
- Describe a typical day in your White House position.
- How was your office organized? Superiors/Subordinates?
- What have been your most significant assignments and projects? Which gave you the most personal satisfaction? Are these assignments and projects well documented by your official files?
- What do you believe was your greatest contribution to this Administration?
- Were there any assignments or projects that you would handle differently now?
- Were there other White House Staff units that worked closely with your office in carrying out your responsibilities?
- As you leave the White House, what new insights have you gained concerning the governmental process?
- When did you first meet Jimmy Carter?
- By whom were you hired to work in the Carter Administration?
- Were you involved in the Presidential campaign of 1976? If so, what were your duties and to whom did you report?
- What disposition has been arranged for the official files that you created as a member of the White House Staff? What types of personal files have you maintained?