Museum Hours: Tuesday - Saturday 10:00 am until 4:45 pm. Last admission sale 3:30 pm | MAP & DIRECTIONS
Restrooms: During your visit our public restrooms adjacent to our lobby will be undergoing renovations. We will have a restroom trailer with five toilets in each of two rooms located in our bus parking lot, in addition to continued use of a single-use restroom in our exhibit area.
Tickets may be purchased ONLINE. Visitors may purchase their tickets on-site.
- Same day reservations are permitted.
- Masks are encouraged.
- Visitors testing positive for COVID-19 (or guests who have a fever or are otherwise symptomatic on the date of their planned visit) should not visit the Museum and are eligible to reschedule their visit (pending space availability) or receive a refund.
Prices for Entry
- Children (16 and under): Free
- Seniors (60+), Military, and College Students with IDs: $10
- Adults: $12
- Check-in will take place inside the main Museum entrance.
- Please have your ticket(s) available (on your phone or printed) for entry and arrive no more than 10 minutes before the scheduled time on your ticket.
- Bags and backpacks are not permitted. Only one purse or diaper bag is allowed per person, and bags cannot be larger than 17 × 26 inches (43 × 66 centimeters) in size.
- Note: Visitors, as well as their belongings, are subject to inspection. Please be advised that bag inspection requirements and visitor screening upon entrance means that our dedicated security personnel will be unable to maintain social distancing during said procedures.
- Dining: Dining services may be limited or unavailable.
- Beverages: Drinking fountains will be turned off as part of COVID safety protocols but visitors may bring in sealable water bottles.
- Service Animals: Only service animals are allowed.
If you are interested in conducting archival research at the library, please visit our Research Services page for more information.
- For details on school tours, reservations, student programs, and more, please see the Education section.
The Library and Museum are surrounded by 35 acres of ponds, local wildlife and rolling grounds. There are six handicap parking spaces with ramps leading from the parking lot into the building via ramps. Approaching the Museum entrance from the gardens you will see a courtyard and fountain with concrete/slate walkway on both sides. The circle of flags on the upper east side of the courtyard ramps into the sidewalks. Once inside the Museum lobby access to the public restrooms is by ramp. The public restrooms have handicap stalls and wash basins accessible by wheelchair. All elevation changes inside the building are negotiable on ramps and with elevators. Onsite wheelchairs are not currently available.
Contact us if you have any further questions.
Jimmy Carter Library and Museum, 441 John Lewis Freedom Parkway NE, Atlanta, Georgia 30307-1498
COVID-19 ENHANCED SAFETY MEASURES
The Jimmy Carter Presidential Library and Museum will follow enhanced health and safety measures.
The Museum has implemented enhanced health and safety measures, but we cannot guarantee that any visitor will not contract COVID-19 during their visit. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place at this time. Museum visitors voluntarily assume all risks related to COVID-19 exposure. In the event of a reported COVID-19 exposure during their visit, the person making the reservation will be notified by the email they provided on their reservation and that person will be responsible for notifying all members of their party.
Visitors agree to abide by these safety guidelines and all instructions posted in the museum or provided by staff during the visit. If a visitor fails to follow the guidelines and instructions, they may be denied entry or required to leave the premises.
Timed Entrance to the Museum
Timed tickets may be purchased online prior to arrival. Visitors testing positive for COVD-19 (or guests who have a fever or are otherwise symptomatic on the date of their planned visit) should not visit the Museum and are eligible to reschedule their visit (pending space availability) or receive a refund. Please email email@example.com to reschedule.
- If you’re sick (or not feeling well), please visit us another time: For the safety of all visitors and staff, anyone who is sick or has any sign of a respiratory illness should stay home.
- Entering the Museum: Visitors must check their temperature before arrival on the day of the timed ticket to confirm that they do not have a fever. If you are not feeling well, please stay home.
- Stay six feet apart: For your convenience, floor markers will indicate directional flow and proper spacing of individuals and groups. Practice social distancing during your visit by staying at least six feet from anyone not in your group. Children must stay with adults at all times.
- Enhanced Cleaning Measures: The Museum is conducting enhanced cleanings of the Museum and high-touch areas. Hand sanitizers are available throughout the Museum.