Volunteer and Internships
There are many interesting and rewarding ways to volunteer your time and services at the Jimmy Carter Presidential Library and Museum! Read about our current openings below. These services include the functions described. [ Volunteer Service Application ]
- Assist with general museum interpretation and visitor services by providing tours and general information for visitors;
- Present or assist Library/Museum staff with presenting education programs onsite, in school classrooms, or in the community;
- Assist Library/Museum staff in managing and making available historical materials. This may include holdings maintenance, reference assistance, data collection and entry into automated catalogs, and assistance in making reproductions;
- Assist in preparing specialized resources and publications when volunteers have archival, museum, web management, or records management background or training; and
- Assist with administrative and clerical duties in Library/Museum offices.
Email Sylvia Naguib at Sylvia.Naguib@nara.gov for more information regarding position descriptions and opportunities.
Volunteer Service Application (return via Email or Regular U.S. mail)
The internship program at the Jimmy Carter Presidential Library and Museum is a unique educational experience for students of varied backgrounds and interests. We have opportunities for students in a variety of disciplines including library science, archival management, and political science.
Our goal is to provide undergraduate and graduate students with a meaningful and realistic work experience that will be beneficial to both students and our organization.
The Archives offers a limited number of unpaid internships in the summer and winter. Current undergraduates, recent graduates, and individuals pursuing advanced degrees are encouraged to apply. Students earning credit are required to commit to a minimum of 135 hours during the term of their internship. Interns work during normal business hours which are 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
The deadline for Summer Internship Applications is April 29, 2018.
The deadline for Fall Internship Applications is August 19, 2018.
The deadline for Winter Internship Application is December 15, 2018.
*To be considered for our internship program, please click on the appropriate description link above and follow the instructions provided for the announcement.
Due to the sensitive nature of Presidential materials, all volunteers and interns must be at least 18 years of age and a U.S. Citizen. All volunteers and interns must successfully pass a background check and sign a confidentiality agreement.